The Civil Health Operation of Leidos is seeking a Chief Engineer contingent upon contract award, in Baltimore, MD.
The Chief engineer shall be responsible for the architectural design, performance, and integration for the NGTP systems. The Chief Engineer shall serve as the Contractor’s technical point-of-contact for the program. The Chief Engineer shall oversee and validate all systems testing prior to installation into production, ensure that the systems meet all technical requirements, and proactively monitor the overall performance of the systems for capacity planning purposes.
The Chef Engineer will be responsible for providing UC solution architecture for 1500+ sites. The solution must be designed to support 100,000+ endpoints, with 75,000+ voicemail boxes, and scale to support 57,000 contact center agents and 25,000+ simultaneous logins. The successful candidate will be required to lead a UC engineering team by providing clear technical guidance on the low-level solution. Candidate will be responsible for developing written high-level and low-level designs with supporting documentation to include, but not limited to diagrams, implementation procedures, testing plans, etc.
The Chief Engineer will work with the client and project management team on any and all technical design during the full life-cycle of the contract.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 11 years or more of professional experience; or 9 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
The successful candidates must have the following minimum skills and knowledge to meet the position requirements.
• Experience engineering complex, national, FISMA compliant, converged voice, video, presence, instant message (IM), and conference / collaboration solutions. The solutions elements should include, but not be limited to the system design of Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Unified Presence, Emergency Responder, and Contact Center solutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing and leading UC solutions to support 100,000+ endpoints.
• Experience designing and leading multi-cluster UCM w/Session Management Edition solution roll-outs.
• Extensive, demonstrated experience designing and leading complex, international dial plans and integrating dis-similar platforms through a multi-year transition.
• Expert level knowledge and experience with rolling out voicemail solutions with extensive unified messaging / active directory integration. Must include providing the client with guidance on what’s required to achieve successful integration.
• Demonstrated skill with integrating Cisco UC with non-Cisco solutions (e.g. Microsoft Skype for Business; Avaya voice gateways, etc).
• Experience designing E911 solutions to include following state guidelines, and designing ELIN to ERL mappings.
• Experienced with designing and integrating Cisco Contact Center Express and/or Contact Center Enterprise with UCM. Scripting strongly desired.
• Extensive experience leading multi-protocol voice gateway solutions to include SIP, H323, and/or MGCP design.
• Extensive experience designing virtual solutions in support of complex UC solutions.
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.