This requisition is for an instructor on the Analysis 101/201 program, which delivers courses in analytic tradecraft and collaboration. The Analysis 101/201 curriculum is taught in a team teaching environment and combines brief lectures with multiple exercises and activities. Instructors are responsible for the preparation and maintenance of their classrooms and other exercise materials. Instructors will report on a day-to-day basis to the Course Director. The ideal candidate will have passion for instruction and preparing a generation of analysts for their jobs.
- Fully comprehend and be able to apply all course objectives and teaching points.
- Prepare classroom facilities for instruction
- Deliver course by informing, showing, facilitating practice, and evaluating participants’ analytic tradecraft through joint analytic exercises
- Respond to participant and staff needs during and outside of course delivery, such as resolving logistical or technical issues
- Assist with development of course materials
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Have an active TS//SCI clearance
- Have experience or training in critical thinking
- Have minimum 8 years of experience as an intelligence analyst within the IC, including:
- Documented, comprehensive, and extensive knowledge of IC Analytic Standards, analytic tradecraft and methodologies, and experience in applying them to resolve intelligence problems
- Possess extensive knowledge and background in the substantive areas of intelligence, such as national security, foreign policy, science and technology, law enforcement or economic policy
- Documented, comprehensive, and extensive knowledge of the IC’s structure and IC member organizations’ roles and capabilities regarding analytic matters
- Demonstrable, working knowledge of IC collaboration tools associated with INTELINK-SBU
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in education or training, including:
- Documented, comprehensive, and extensive ability to provide IC analytic training in a formal classroom setting
- Leading/facilitating a course composed of experienced professionals and adult learners
- An excellent ability to deliver effective oral presentations and prepare written course materials that clearly convey learning objectives and relevant course content
- Flexibility to adjust course delivery to fit the needs of students
- The ability to work in a team-teaching environment, where you understand the entire course material in order to ensure continuity between modules
- The ability to understand and meet lesson objectives
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge of adult learning theory
- Knowledge of instructional design
- Masters, PhD, or law degree
- Experience with the scientific method
- Experience with other diagnostic or investigative techniques
- An active TS//SCI clearance w FS/Poly
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.