Java/Web Services Software Engineer
The Civil Health Operation of Leidos is seeking a Java/Web Services Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD to support a program for the FDA in Baltimore, MD or Rockville, MD.
The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Software Engineer position include but not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with business analysts, other developers, and test engineers on the team to produce high quality software that delivers business value and follows established design patterns and processes
- Develop, Code or modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degree of complexity
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Troubleshoot production problems within assigned applications software
- Assist less experienced staff in user specifications, coding, testing, and debugging.
- Work with business users to develop and implement acceptance tests to ensure that product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Actively engage in process improvement initiatives
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years or more of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
- Proven experience working in complex projects gathering user requirements and converting them into system requirements
- Strong experience developing web services using SOAP or REST
- Working knowledge with process modeling
- Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle
- Hands on experience with requirements management tool
- Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
- Demonstrated good understanding of engineering fields
- Experience on Agile development projects
- Strong experience working with PL/SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- Experience with Subversion, JIRA, HP ALM
- FDA domain knowledge
US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.