Associate Senior IT Auditor
Leidos' Corporate Internal Audit Department currently has an opening for an Associate Senior IT Auditor located in Reston VA.
You will contribute subject matter expertise to the audit department and be responsible for planning and performing information systems, operational, internal control, corporate compliance, and SOX 404 audits.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Participates in and/or conducts Information Technology audits, Sarbanes-Oxley Reviews, investigations, and other
operational/compliance audits, ranging from detailed testing to evaluating and establishing audit scopes
- Evaluate processes and controls and draft management comments and recommendations.
- Participates in the modification/development of audit programs
- Takes responsibility for overall completion of assigned audit areas of engagements, from planning to wrap-up
- Supervises and directs audit team members with less seniority, including reviewing workpapers and evaluating their
- Demonstrates a good understanding of technology standards and components
- Uses audit programs as a guide for performing audit, while modifying audit procedures to meet circumstances of
individual audit, given the auditee’s systems, the inherent risk, and Internal Audit objectives
- Provides recommendations to improve overall audit efficiency and offers potential solutions to engagement problems,
such as time overruns, client obstacles, etc.
- Identifies potential audit issues by considering impact of exceptions and assessing related risk; Determines whether
further investigation is necessary and develops sound conclusions as to their significance
- Takes initiative to develop in-depth knowledge of the company and the operations of the business unit being audited
- Uses time wisely by prioritizing tasks according to risk and manages/completes multiple and/or complex engagement
- Works independently, bringing assignments to completion with minimal supervision
- Facilitates a team environment, both during fieldwork and while in the office, providing guidance to staff with less seniority, and assists superiors with their tasks
- Effectively communicates with auditee, peers, subordinates, and management, both orally and in writing
- Lead and participate in performing risk assessments and developing the annual audit plan.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related disciplines and 2-4 years of exeperience related to Information Technology Audit is required.
- Willing to travel up to 25%.
- Hands-on experience with general controls reviews and experience performing application reviews or process reviews.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and oral communications.
- US Citizenship is required to access military sites for audits
- Dual major in Computer Science or MIS and Accounting
- Consulting or “Big4” experience is a plus.
- Experience working on Government Contracting engagements is a plus.
- Experience performing HIPPA, PCI or FISMA assessments.
- Possess or successfully working toward CISA Certification is a plus.
- FAMILIARITY with one or more of the following technologies is required: Workday Human Resources, Oracle Database, Red Hat, Linux, Active Directory, Windows, J2EE, network / internet security, SQL server database, Deltek Costpoint, Deltek Time and Expense, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management, Cognos, OBIEE, virtualization / cloud computing, computer forensics, Sage.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.