Senior Network Engineer
Leidos currently has a need for an experienced Senior Network Engineer with the following demonstrated skills:
• Configuring and installing various network devices and services
• Monitoring network performance and resource utilization, trending, capacity planning
• Use of current and emergent network design principles and protocols
• Experience with network virtualization technologies
• Experience with multi-tenant network architectures
• Familiarity with a wide variety of network routing and switching equipment devices from multiple vendors (i.e. Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Brocade, etc.)
• Scripting languages such as Pearl, Python, coding for network threshold events.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 10 years minimum experience
• 5+ years primary role operating, troubleshooting, installing network routers and switches
• 5+ years primary role designing, architecting routed and switched networks
• 2+ years as senior or lead engineer in planning, designing, and building software defined networks
• 3+ years DoD environment
• BS degree and 10+ years of experience or MS degree and 8+ years of experience.
• At least one of the following certifications; (CISCO, Juniper, Arista)
• At least one of the following certifications; (CISA, GCIH, CISP, CASP, GCED)
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.