Leidos has a current job opening for Biometrics Field Support Engineer– Help Desk/ Data Center at Ft. Huachuca in Sierra Vista, AZ supporting the Biometrics Automated Toolset – Army (BAT-A) Sustainment contract. This four year program will provide operations, maintenance, software engineering services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the BAT-A system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
The Biometrics Automated Toolset – Army (BAT-A) is an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. Leidos assists in this worldwide effort by aiding the US Military in the utilization of biometrics to positively identify individuals in a shifting world of identities.
Team Leidos has been providing world class development and field support to the Biometrics Automated Toolset – Army (BAT-A) program since its inception in 2004. We have worked side-by-side with our DoD Partners to develop, deploy, maintain, train and operate the BAT-A wherever it has been deployed as a force multiplier in the critical war on terror mission.
Critical member of a team of BAT-A Multifunction Field Support Engineers (MF-FSE) providing Tier 1 and 2 Help Desk support to deployed MF-FSEs, users and operator by troubleshooting BAT-A technical and database issues. Implements policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected. Ensures maximum issue resolutions in minimum time. Under the supervision of the Lead Help Desk/Data Center MF-FSE evaluates new information systems products or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user. Performs a variety of tasks. Reports to the Lead Help Desk/Data Center MF-FSE.
• Responsible for providing efficient and timely first and second level support
• Provides administrative tasks and projects relative to the BAT-A and BAT HH
• Inputs to problem management database and follows up to ensure timely resolution of problems
• Invokes problem escalation procedures to coordinate rapid issue resolution
• Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found
• Completes daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids
• Carries out policies and direction to improve the overall customer support of the Help Desk
• Possesses a positive attitude, and accurately communicates pertinent information.
• Assists in the development and implementation of quality improvement programs
• Help desk M-FSEs assist with daily BAT-A system tasks, including the following:
System start-up, initialization, and shut down
Software patch implementation and testing and system maintenance checks and repairs
Security checks of daily logs
Daily operation of servers, including email servers and web servers
LAN administration and coordination with WANs
Network security functions IAW the SSAA
Database administration, including extracting data for reporting purposes
Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
Implement IA patches, including QA and QC checks
Maintain the BAT image for the SEEK devices and laptops
Manage BAT-A server and database applications and user accounts
Coordinate BAT-A supply, logistics, and repair actions
Support and coordinate with the Army’s Counterintelligence (CI) Cell and S2X
Maintain the BEWL on mission systems
Train personnel and ensure IA personnel compliance
Track enrollments from ingestion to ABIS.
• Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
• Must possess a minimum of a DoD TS clearance with the ability to be read on for SCI caveats (SCI-DCID) in order to be considered for employment.Previous experience with biometrics applications on the Tactical Biometric System (TBS), Joint Personnel Identification (JPI), BAT or Biometric Information System for Access (BISA) programs in support of GWOT.
• The candidate possess DoD 8570 at the AIT level II Certification, consisting of two (2) or more of the following: Security+ CE, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); A+ Essentials; Network +, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or any other CE certificate approved by DoD 8570 at the AIT level II profile.
• Master’s Degree and a minimum of four (4) years systems administration or other relevant IT experience or Bachelor's (4 year) Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of systems administration or relevant IT experience required.
• Bachelor's (4 year) Degree requirement may be substituted with an additional eight (8) years’ experience for a total of sixteen (16) years of relevant IT experience with a proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems.
• Proven ability to create scripts for system administration/setup, examine firewalls and ports to identify and fix communication issues, perform database maintenance, ensure data integrity and track hardware locations is also required.
• The candidate must be able to formally present materials in understandable and intelligible formats; in both stand-up instruction and written arrangements. Be able to effectively measure student progress and provide constructive feedback.
• The candidate must be fully proficient in the use of PC’s and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.