Leidos is seeking an experienced Communications Manager with demonstrated strategic communications planning, strategy formulation, and tactical communications integration and products in support of the Joint Service Provider (JSP) customer in the Pentagon. The ideal candidate will have experience developing DOD communication strategy to ensure personnel receive clear and relevant information.
Duties include using a comprehensive communications and coordination approach to effectively engage with customers across the full spectrum of DoD positions and grades (e.g. Political Appointees, and Flag Officers, and their respective staffs) throughout the life of the contract. The Communications Manager will interface with and apprise government personnel of the status of the software defined networking (SDN) solution project, provide Executive In-Progress Reviews in the form of a formal verbal presentation and written documentation to apprise JSP leadership of the status of the SND solution project.
The Communications Manager will proactively interface with JSP customers throughout the Pentagon to positively convey the benefits of the SDN solution, ensure JSP stakeholders are fully informed of their respective roles and responsibilities in affecting a successful migration of the Pentagon network to the SDN solution, and document the communication and coordination approach in a Communications Plan and Coordination Strategy. All interactions between the Government will be conducted in the highest degree of professionalism to enable smooth, seamless communication.
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications, Public Relations, Organizational Communications or other related field
- Minimum of 8 years' experience with Government strategic communications organizations and/or related projects.
- 7 years of experience with strategic communications planning, strategy formulation, and tactical communications integration and products.
- A consummate professional and an effective strategic communications practitioner.
- An excellent communicator, writer, strategic thinker and planner with strong problem-solving skills.
- A deep understanding of strategic communications planning and program integration.
- Knowledgeable of strategic communications metrics and measurement methodologies.
- Extensive experience in supporting large companies, DoD and or other government organizations.
- Adept at assuming responsibility and ownership of their work.
- Ability to effectively compose written content for client deliverables.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong technology skills, including experience using MS Office products, MS Project (or equivalent), web browsers and other technology resources
* Prior JSP experience or experience supporting Army ITA or WHS within the Pentagon.
* Prior experience with Cyber or Information Systems.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.