Chief Technology Officer
Leidos is looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for the ESA IV program, to provide sound technical leadership. The ESA IV program provides Information Technology (IT) solutions to customers within the Department of Justice. The CTO will be a key contributor in building strategic plans, obtaining consensus, and working closely with all stakeholders (customers, law enforcement community end users, employees, and others) to ensure the best and most innovative technological solutions possible to help our customers achieve their goals. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential to this role. The CTO candidate should be well-versed in current technological trends in IT and familiar with various business concepts. A key requirement includes the ability to build solid rapport and mutual-trust relationship with the customer’s CTO.
• Develop technical aspects of the program’s strategy to ensure alignment with customer business goals and strategic plans
• Introduce new and innovative technologies to the program and the customer •Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency •Build quality assurance and data protection processes
• Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
• Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
• Communicate technology strategy to stakeholders
• Develop organizational technology strategy that addresses both short and long-term planning
• Developing strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web, and mobile services
• Study current and new industry trends and technologies
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, and 15-20 years' experience.
•Proven experience as a CTO, or similar leadership role
• Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
• Understanding of budgets and business-planning
• Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
• Excellent communication skills
• Leadership and organizational abilities
• Ability to think strategically and an aptitude for problem solving
• Experience with US Federal Government customers
• Current DOJ or DOD clearance
• Advanced degree
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.