Senior Database Administrator
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Senior Database Administrator at Scott AFB IL.
As a Sr. Database Administrator, the successful candidate will perform complex database administration and integration assignments essential to the implementation and operation of database systems and applications running on UNIX/Oracle Solaris/Linux and Windows server platforms. Assignments, which are in direct support of software development and maintenance teams, include database analysis, database modeling, database information assurance and security, database installation, database configuration, and database performance monitoring and tuning. Provides support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations. Approximately 10% of the job will require domestic and international travel. Be familiar with performing based on service level agreement (SLA). Work is performed based on the customer Accepted Level of Performance. Candidate is familiar performing within a fixed price, performance-based environment where performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreement's (SLA's) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's). Candidate is required to support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's. Some travel may be required.
- Perform complex database administration and integration assignments essential to the implementation and operation of database systems and applications running on UNIX / Sun Solaris and Windows server platforms.
- Conduct database analysis, database modeling, database information assurance and security, database installation, database configuration, and database performance monitoring and tuning to support software development and maintenance teams,.
- Review and ensure database integrity using standardized support tools.
- Ensure assignments are performed in accordance with database administration guidelines, standards and procedures for application development, implementation, testing, and migration.
- Respond and resolve extremely complex reported system problems and issues.
- Evaluate and recommend use of software, guidelines, and procedures to meet established objectives.
- Evaluate and develop project plans.
- Provide database expertise to other groups as requested.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures to be used on new assignments and may supervise or provide guidance to other personnel.
- Regularly interact with senior management on matters concerning functional areas, divisions, and customers. Some travel may be required.
External Referral Eligible
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4+ years Oracle Administrator experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Strong Oracle database skills that include a thorough understanding of requirements, design and best practices is a must.
- Ability to write SQL Loader scripts and generate flat files based on data in the Oracle Database is also required.
- Must be experienced in Oracle 10G, 11g, and 12c on various platforms including UNIX, LINUX, Windows and other Oracle Supported platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in tuning and troubleshooting Oracle instances, installation of Oracle on UNIX/Windows, Enterprise Manager Grid Control or Cloud Control, knowledge in Oracle backup/recovery methodologies and strategies, systems administration, database maintenance, testing, integration and problem resolution, UNIX scripting, multi-server troubleshooting, system/database performance monitoring, security accreditation, and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Should be familiar with configuration and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server running on Windows server environments.
- The applicant must be a self-starter with good oral and written communication skills, and must be able to work independently.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce.
- Integration of Network Management (NM) and Element Management (EM) systems with network performance, trouble ticketing, and security subsystems highly desired.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC ITSM or Remedy.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Experience working with virtual environments.
- UNIX/Linux Administration Experience
- Windows Servers Administration Experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.