This is Software Engineer position for the Live Team Program’s AFCTC Upgrade Program. The candidate shall be involved in the development of applications and services that are used to monitor and stimulate MILES equipment as part of live simulation and training for an international customer. Some overseas travel will be required.
Responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release. Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product.
· Works to achieve day-to-day objectives that impact the project team technical direction.
· Works independently on complex projects/assignments.
· Assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments.
· Addresses complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues.
· Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, other technical resources, etc.).
· Explains technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization.The candidate should be capable of a dynamic and aggressive schedule as part of the fixed price contract.
· Bachelor's Degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline or a Bachelor’s of Science in math/physics/engineering
· Network messaging between processes and hosts
· Experience with Java
· Development within a Windows and Linux environments
· Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance
· Minimum 7 years relevant experience in software engineering.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.