Network Engineer- Junior
Leidos has a career opening for a Network Engineer in Laurel, MD.
This particular contract modernizes and ensures the uninterrupted availability of a critical component of the Intelligence Community. Through the use of innovative approaches, your system and network experience and skills will be challenged by providing day-to-day support to a one-of-a-kind global information technology enterprise. In this fast-paced environment, you will routinely work directly with analyst end-users, enabling their ability to respond to emerging world events.
• Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
• Apply workaround solutions for known errors per documented methods and procedures.
• Analyze network and telecommunications system logs and identify potential issues.
• Perform network system backups per documented methods and procedures.
• Monitor network and telecommunications system performance and respond to anomalies and issues according to defined procedures
• Build network and telecommunications systems for deployment, assist in testing, and prepare for shipping.
• Assist in the installation, operations, and maintenance of network devices & systems in the network/data centers and network infrastructure closets.
• Assist in deployment, installation, and implementation of VoIP, Video Tele-Conference (VTC), and Plain Old Telephone (POTS) systems.
• Interface and communicate with the Network Operations Centers (NOCs) of external telecommunications service providers (other Government organizations and commercial providers) on incidents and service issues.
• Assist with network and telecommunications activities being executed by Level 1 and 2 Network Engineers.
•Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required; 5 years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
•Must have an active Network + certification.
•Must be able to routinely lift 35 lbs.
•Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.