We are looking for someone to be a member of a high-performing Agile team as we build upon our proven track record of delivering innovative solutions in record time. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker – someone who can rapidly consume domain knowledge and create comprehensive, meaningful test cases and test scenarios.
• Responsible for testing all aspects of the system including Java and web-based front end running on Windows clients, Linux servers, and Oracle/Postgres database, to ensure all components work on a variety of hardware ranging from simple workstations to high-end servers. Test environment includes bare metal as well as VM servers.
• Tester must have sufficient hardware/software experience to build and configure workstations and/or servers independently or with minimal guidance to create test environments that mirror a multitude of installed baselines.
• May be asked to create tests for ad hoc situations such as replicating field-reported problems or load testing under specific conditions.
• The tester must quickly become expert on system functionality and that of various peripheral devices as well as the requirements that drove system design.
• He/she must develop understanding of user workflow to create, document, and execute test plans.
• Excellent written and verbal skills are required to create test scenarios and/or scripts; document test results; and communicate issues to the development team while also identifying possible solutions and/or workarounds for problems.
• We need an individual who will take responsibility, work hard, learn, and become a key contributor to the success of the program by ensuring a bullet-proof system is delivered to the field. Tester may be assigned to support one or more ongoing Agile Scrum teams.
Bachelors degree and/or 5 years relevant technical experience required
4 + years as a software/system tester, integrator, or developer
4+ years of basic SQL
1-2 years working in an Agile Development Environment
Agile Development Processes
Familiarity with Atlassian suite of tools – JIRA, Confluence
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.