Network Operations Engineering Lead
- Oversee engineering project progression network operations and support activities for Cisco, Juniper, Avaya and peripheral management solution environments.
- Support preparations of technical implementation plans to provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions.
- Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
- Identification and management of issues, risks, dependencies
- Collaborate with key partners in various technologies to de-conflict efforts
- Status reporting to the UC Operations Engineering Manager and customers
- Creating, documenting, and executing action plans
- Work with the customer and external stakeholders to accomplish program goals in which we are dependent on them completing tasks
- Manages multiple aspects of engineering tasks simultaneously
- Monitor, adjusts and reports on operations performance and schedule
- Some travel may be required (10%)
External Referral Eligible
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
•Familiarity with engineering project management from project charter and initiation documentation to completion.
•In-depth knowledge and practical experience implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems
•In-depth experience in network engineering, configuration management, problem management, and performance management
•Working knowledge of Voice application service networks, to include network appliances (e.g., Unified Communications Managers (Call Managers), voice switches, media gateways, routers, load balancers, firewalls)
•Technical depth in network services and architecture (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc)
•Large complex network engineering experience
•Network certifications such as but not limited to, Cisco Certifications (CCIE, CCNP, etc.), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), security certifications (Security + CE, CISSP, etc.)
•Ability to make decisions and escalate when needed
•Self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
•Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
•Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE
•Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills
•Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.