Cyber Security Engineer
Leidos currently has an opening for a Radio Frequency In-Transit Visibility (RF-ITV) Cyber Security/Information Assurance Engineer at Alexandria, VA.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your Information Technology experience helping the RF-ITV III Program. In this mission we support the US Army, Program Executive Office Enterprise Information System (PEO EIS) Automated Movement and Identification Solutions (AMIS) in maintaining and expanding the technological infrastructure, the largest in the world, which provides in-transit tracking of military cargo as it moves through the Defense Transportation System (DTS).
The Leidos RF-ITV III team’s Cyber Security/ Information Assurance (IA) Engineer is a position responsible for the application and enforcement of policies, procedures, and workforce structure to develop, implement, and maintain a secure operational environment. In accordance with the RF-ITV III Performance Work Statement (PWS) the IA Engineer is responsible for the following activities:
- Securely integrate and apply Department/Agency missions, organization, function, policies, and procedures within the RF-ITV environment.
- Ensure that protection and detection capabilities are acquired or developed using the IS security engineering approach and are consistent with DoD Component level IA architecture.
- Participate in preparation of IA certification and accreditation documentation
- Participate in an IS risk assessment during the A&A process.
- Interpret patterns of non-compliance to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall RF-ITV environment’s IA Program.
- Evaluate development efforts to ensure that baseline security safeguards are appropriately installed.
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Must possess at least DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 or greater certification; consisting of at a minimum one of the following: Security +, GSEC, SSCP or greater.
External Referral Eligible.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.