Aircraft Quality Control Manager
Leidos currently has an exciting opportunity for a Aircraft Quality Control Manager supporting the ”Total Aviation Support Services for the DEA Aviation Division”, Program, located at Alliance Field, FT. Worth, Texas. (This is a multi-year contract.)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the total quality function service, support and maintenance, ensures compliance to company and contract quality policies, FFA government regulations, is responsible for maintaining quality, safety and HAZMAT analysis, training, publications and technical orders.
This position is in support of an FAA Part 145 repair station supporting fixed wing, helicopters, piston, turbo prop, jet, both single and multi- engine aircraft in multiple locations worldwide.
The successful candidate will have the following Education/skills/experience:
Hold a valid certificate issued by the FAA with both airframe and power plant ratings with an Inspection Authorization.
Ten (10) plus years extensive experience in the type aircraft and power plant maintenance and repair support required for the Designated Aircraft Inventory with a minimum of five (5) of the ten years’ experience in a supervisory position in a quality control program at the level of making airworthiness decisions.
Must be formally trained and be familiar on the type Designated Aircraft for which he has responsibility.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance within 30 days of submittal, or currently possess an active DOD Secret level Clearance.
This position is a full-time responsibility and must be located at the main on-site Alliance Facility.
Also the following:
- Understand and use the English language both oral and written to communicate information or ideas to another person or persons
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulation
- Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
- Obtain a passport, visa, and Department of Defense security clearance
- Create, enter, retrieve and print from software packages such as; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Project
- Interpret drawings, specifications and schematics of aircraft instrument/electronic components
- Recognize from schematics and drawings not only how one assembly functions but also how various assemblies interact with each other.
- Generally accepted accounting principles sufficient to perform the job, duties, and tasks associated with the position
- Databases sufficient to perform the job, duties, and tasks associated with the position
- Aircraft sheet metal repair
- Component repair
- Instrument, electronic and electrical test equipment
- Military or commercial aviation maintenance
- U.S. Government regulations for federal contractors and FAA Maintenance programs
- Aircraft maintenance terminology
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
DOJ aviation experience with a diverse fleet of both fixed wing and helicopter operations.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.