Human Language Technology Specialists
The National Solutions Operation is currently soliciting experienced Human Language Technology (HLT) Specialists in various languages to support the HLT initiatives of a Department of Defense (DoD) customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). HLT specialists should have experience working with human language technologies, computer programming, translation memory, and terminology management. HLT specialists will support a program performing Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) operations, and are expected to leverage language, analytical, and programming skills.
The HLT specialists will support the use of HLT for triage and translation. They will help to identify and prioritize work to be performed on the program. Must currently possess TS/SCI. Candidate will be required to pass a polygraph and subject interview prior to starting on the project.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:The primary responsibilities of the HLT Specialists are:
- Leverage customer tools to generate reports and metrics
- Review search results generated by tools to assess their accuracy and effectiveness
- Work with various team members (e.g., systems engineers, triage specialists, and linguists) to identify products of potential value
- Create translation memory projects and assist in their integration with Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools
- Work with SDL Trados and other CAT tools
- Provide training to other team members on the use of translation memory and CAT tools
- Identify issues with the integration of technology
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the use of HLT
- Achieve a minimum score of a 3 in respective foreign language and English for Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing on the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale
- Three (3) years of experience working with human language technology and computer programming
- Formal education in linguistics, computational linguistics, and/or computer programming
- Master’s degree or equivalent and 8+ years experience
- Team player who is able to prioritize and effectively manage his/her own matrixed team and multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner (email, spoken, & reports).
- Ability to make sound decisions and handle stress, while meeting deadlines and performing in a high-paced environment.
- Proficiency in standard computer systems and office programs, with additional experience in media examination tools.
- Proficiency in the use of CAT tools
- Ability to use or train to proficiency on customer specific software programs and tools.
- Ability to collaborate, interact, and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience with translation memory and translations management, certification preferred.
- Advanced degree in computer programming, computational linguistics and/or linguistics
- Familiarity with Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) processes and specialized tools
- Trados certification for Project Management or Translation
- Training or certification in Translation Memory and Terminology
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.