Data Scientist/Bioinformatics Programmer/Data Analyst
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking a talented Data Scientist/Bioinformatics Programmer to support the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Decision Support Directorate (Data Support & Analysis) in Aurora, CO.
JOB DESCRIPTION/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Using healthcare and statistical data skills, the successful candidate will aggregate, evaluate, and improve the consistency and accuracy of very large data sets (160+ million purchased care claims and millions of direct care data encounters, annually); Develop comprehensive methods for evaluating the qualitative and quantitative in-depth financial and health care utilization changes in the TRICARE program; Demonstrate understanding and ability to link complex interrelationships of federal and commercial private insurance programs with uniform billing and reporting requirements, compares TRICARE programs to other government and commercial health care programs.
The successful candidate will also participate on project teams regarding high impact studies and analyses evaluating program performance; Independently prioritize task efforts and balance workload schedule and resource requirements; Monitor multiple projects simultaneously; each of which may have separate and/or conflicting constraints, priorities, and political significance; Apply statistical, financial and programming applications and techniques to DHA-related tasks; Take initiative to make extra contributions to work unit efforts, recognizing when others need assistance, and provide support to advance unit goals; Utilize knowledge of health care and/or statistical data and information systems to ensure the credibility, timeliness, and consistency of the data between numerous mission-critical MHS medical information systems, data marts, applications and reports; Detect and eliminate inconsistencies between claims and financial data sets; Present information and data to stakeholders in an accurate and concise manner.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
· Position requires U. S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
· Demonstrated programming experience with one or more of the following analytical software products including (but not limited to) SAS, SQL, Business Objects, and advanced Excel.
· Ability to work and solve complex problems and data integrity issues with limited guidance/direction.
· Strong applied mathematical, economic, and financial analysis skills.
· Ability to compile, manipulate, and interpret very large data sets (data extraction/data mining)
· Ability to complete simultaneously multiple projects with aggressive suspense dates.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
· Ability to transfer information/knowledge of analytical skills in a learning environment.
· Strong understanding of healthcare systems/healthcare terminology.
· Demonstrated experience implementing processes to resolve data quality issues or ensure consistency between multiple reporting systems.
· Demonstrated experience utilizing descriptive and inferential techniques via one or more sophisticated statistical software packages or applications (e.g., SAS, SQL, or other statistical or modeling programs).
· Graduate degree in statistics, operations research, mathematics, computer science, economics, information systems, finance, healthcare or business administration or a related field.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.