The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an immediate opening for a Shipboard Installer Field Technician based in San Diego, CA with extensive travel.
Shipboard Installer in support of the U.S. Navy Integrated Logistics Center (ILC). The ILC mission conducts maintenance, modernization, and installation of ASW sonar systems. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the ILC mission. The successful candidate will be a proven performer and self-starter with the ability to work well as a part of a team. The Shipboard Installer will be based in San Diego with approximately 75% travel to multiple Naval ports both CONUS and OCONUS.
• Perform cable removal and connector building on U.S. Navy Ships.
• Provide installation and finalization of cableways, connectors, etc. on U.S. Navy Ships.
• Follow direction, learn to read installation drawings, and work as part of a team.
• Travel extensively and work overtime.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent with less than 1 year of relevant experience sufficient to perform maintenance tasks.
• Ability to learn installation techniques and methods quickly and produce a quality product.
• Ability to climb ladders and lift 50 pounds.
• Possess a valid passport.
• U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
• Alteration Installation Team (AIT) experience.
• Active Secret clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.