Systems Engineering Architect
Leidos has an immediate career opportunity for a Systems Engineering Architect in San Antonio, TX.
This position is in support of the Air Force Personnel Operation Activity (AFPOA) contract. The System Engineering Architect selected for this position shall investigate and analyze all Cloud activities related to infrastructure within the network environment or enclave in coordination with AFPOA Cyber Security Division, System Administrators and System Engineers under a tiered response structure.
- The candidate will be responsible for performing program and or project level systems architecture design and documentation tasks for numerous AFPOA specific applications in a Systems of Systems environment.
- The candidate will perform on a multi-discipline team to make architectural design recommendations to ensure applications are secure, scalable, and reliable to support the AFPOA mission. Additionally, support other program team members by ensuring the infrastructure environment (Data Center & Cloud) is sized correctly to support AFPOA.
- Work to review and/or establish system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
- Document technical recommendations and design artifacts in program deliverable reports and status briefings that recommend appropriate design architecture to include the software, hardware, API, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensure these systems are compatible and in compliance with standards for open systems architectures, as they apply to the implementation and specification of information management solution of application platforms, and the environment/software application.
- Ensure that common operating environment is compliant with the define enterprise architecture and applicable reference models.
Education & Experience:
- Typically requires Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have Active Secret Clearance.
• Security Plus (Must be valid to meet 8570 compliance)
• AWS Certification
External Referral Eligible.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.