The GCSS-AF Operations and Support team's primary focus is to ensure that capabilities are ready to be implemented in the production environment as well as meet the associated production service levels for availability, performance and issue resolution. This effort is to support the maintenance and deployment of new Common Computing Environment (CCE) Infrastructure and Mission Application releases targeting the GCSS-AF Environment. Primary hours of support are between 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; however, on-call, weekend, and after hours support for package deployments and issue resolution is required.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
* Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
* Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
* Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
* Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
* Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
* Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
* Manage daily validation that services and applications are implemented and operable in Pre-Production and Production environments, and ensure they meet associated service levels for availability and performance.
* Assist Mission Applications with integration into the GCSS-AF/CCE environment, providing expertise on MS SQL infrastructure.
* Troubleshoot issues with Mission Application releases to include active incident triage and investigation, performance tuning, failure recovery, and after action reports.
* Provide support for GCSS-AF/CCE Infrastructure actions to include MS SQL performance tuning and maintenance.
* Conduct daily operation and maintenance support activities as required to ensure regular functionality of the GCSS-AF/CCE environments.
* Provide on-call, weekend, and after hours support for package deployments and issue resolution, as needed.
* Assist with GCSS-AF/CCE Tier II Helpdesk when volume of calls or staffing required assistance.
* Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
•CompTIA Security+ certification or higher,
•Active DoD Secret Clearance at start,
•5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience,
•Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools,
•Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
•Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server,
•Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory,
•MS SQL Certification,
•MS Windows Certification,
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.