The project manager will manage a team of software developers, testers, configuration management staff and business analysts. The team works side by side with the customer as part of a larger team staffed by the customer. Team size is 20 – 25 in total. The project manager is responsible for understanding the customer application set, organizations, processes, standards, and communication style. The PM will be the primary point of contact for customer manager/leadership and Leidos management. The position requires the capability to understand customer needs, manage customer expectations, and provide a responsive demeanor and proactive approach.
• Experience is expected in delivering services for O&M mission critical enterprise applications with user bases exceeding 1000.
• The selected candidate will be focused on timely delivery of all deliverables (technical documents, schedules, status reports, invoices, etc.) and must quickly be able to grasp current client processes and political nuances.
• Experience managing project budgets and working with a project finance resource is expected.
• Excellent verbal and written skills are critical.
• Experience re-engineering existing applications into more modern platforms would be beneficial.
Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.