Geospatial Analyst- Journeyman
As a Geospatial Analyst you will apply knowledge of ArcGIS while performing a range of geospatial analysis for an intelligence customer. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing geospatial analysis and research in support of counterterrorism mission requirements. The candidate should have a strong geospatial background and the ability to independently conduct research and initiate projects as they deem appropriate.
Active TS/SCI clearance is required.
The candidate will work directly with customers and team members and must be able to create, edit, research, evaluate, analyze, and fuse data from multiple sources and datasets to produce current and finished geospatial intelligence maps and other related products. You will prepare geospatial products and present intelligence assessments to customers and advise key leadership of intelligence issues and challenges as appropriate. You will exercise oral and written communication skills to collaborate and interact with analysts within the customer agency, military service components, and DoD and national-level intelligence agencies. In this position you will also assist in the development and documentation of analytical procedures, development and maintenance of geodatabases, and may be required to educate and demonstrate new methodologies and instruct on the use of advanced GIS applications.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active TS/SCI
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Completion of a bachelor’s degree and a masters degree in a related field may count toward the experience requirements
- Candidates must have extensive experience using ArcGIS (e.g. ArcMap, Arc Catalog and ArcToolbox), as well as other software tools such as NES, IEC, Active EarthScape, GoogleEarth, Remote View, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), especially PowerPoint
- Candidate must be able to create KML/KMZ, shapefiles, and geodatabases
- Candidate must have experience conducting research and analysis utilizing databases such as M3, GEMINI and NES and knowledge of and experience with video correlation. Candidate must have knowledge of and experience using with the following imagery data types: NTM, air breather, and civil/commercial sensors and video/FMV
- Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with team members, customer representatives, external customers, and functional peer groups
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Successful completion of a formal military or government training program such as the Geospatial Intelligence Training Program (GITP) is highly desired. Imagery analysis skills highly desirable
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter and capable of working independently with minimal or no supervision and guidance
- Candidate must be able to multitask and deliver quality products within specified timelines. Candidate should work well as part of a team effort
"External Referral Eligible"
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.