Senior Software Engineer
Systems Made Simple, a Leidos company, is seeking a Sr Software Engineer. Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a site clearance; pass a minimal background investigation.
The ideal candidate will:
- Code and assist in development of new services and interfaces following a documented Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Support the team by completing application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Assist with analyzing and addressing of requirements.
- Create and execute automated and manual developer test cases.
- Run cases and record results.
- Offer improvements, enhancements, and maintenance to existing or newly created products.
- Work well and collaborate with project team members.
- Provide support to resolve customer issues, perform debugging, and create patches.
- Follow established development standards Utilize industry and government standards and best practices as directed by the product owner and scrum master.
- Work under direct supervision of other senior developers and/or project management team.
- Adhere to the established open source code policy.
- Experience in analyzing customer needs and developing overall concept and design objectives.
- Service-based architecture knowledge.
- Must have experience in debugging and correcting errors in computer programs
- Must have 3-5 years in a supervisory role overseeing a team of 4-8 developers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.