Leidos Corporate Accounting team is looking for an Accountant in Tucson - AZ with a focus on accruals, analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, and other duties as deemed necessary by supervisor. The Accounting department has overall responsibility and ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act and all federal regulatory requirements imposed and audited by DCMA/DCAA.
- Responsible for financial analysis, journal entries, monthly processing of accruals, balance sheet analysis, assisting with internal and external audits, ad hoc reporting and other duties as deemed necessary.
- Assist in monitoring of compliance, administrative policies and procedures and the corporate accounting policies.
- Interact with supervisors, other accountants and functional areas to process transactions.
- Reach out to program finance community, and other members of the finance community.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and less than 1 year of relevant experience
- Familiar with basic accounting principles, specifically a basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Detail oriented with strong communication and analytical skills
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve
- Strong computer skills including intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel
- Should have a flexible work schedule and the ability and willingness to work additional hours during surge or accounting close weeks
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.