Product Team Lead
The Leidos Civil Health Operations is seeking a Product Team Lead/Software Lead to support a program for the FDA in Rockville, MD and Baltimore, MD.
The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient application, including FDA systems for Data Access Services, Inspections, Recalls, and Firm Management.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Product Team Lead position include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading a large interdisciplinary team (~15 individuals) of software engineers, business analysts, database application developers and test engineers
- Lead effort/activities to deliver 2-3 application releases to the Production environment each month
- Work closely with FDA Product Owners and other stakeholders to discuss requirements/objectives, prioritize content for each release and help identify solutions for complex requirements
- Work closely with FDA technical and business stakeholders to review design/architecture at bi-weekly workshop meetings
- Collaboration with the SIRCE/Imports Office of Architecture and Engineering (OAE) to ensure that high-level requirements are implemented correctly and in accordance with the program's architectural direction
- Coordination with other Product Team Leads on the SIRCE/Imports program and External Teams to track/monitor risks and schedule dependencies
- Lead daily scrum meetings for each development application on the Domestics Product Team
- Provide monthly status reports for customer deliverables and at the program Monthly Task Order Management Reviews (TOMR)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 15 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Masters' degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
- Proven experience working on complex software engineering projects, including experience throughout the full software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Agile software development methodology
- Previous Project Management and/or Software Management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working directly with Government customers to discuss objectives, priorities and requirements
- Demonstrated experience leading a large interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience multi-tasking and handling multiple competing priorities
Demonstrated experience in the full testing lifecycle, including unit testing, regression testing, functional testing, performance testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)"
- Prior experience with HP ALM, JIRA, Crucible, SharePoint, Confluence
- Hands-on experience with Project Management Tools
- Previous experience as a Scrum Master in an Agile environment
- Prior experience with the FDA customer or related customer (in a Health systems technology area)
- Demonstrated experience leading process improvement initiatives
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.