Java Software Developer
Leidos ranks in the top 40 on LinkedIn's 2017 "Top Companies" list. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking a talented Java Software Developer to join our team. You will be involved in supporting java development and software engineering for a U.S. Army cloud project focused on Biometric capabilities. You will also support other programs within the Intelligence Community & DoD Solutions Division. Place of employment is Alexandria, VA, Charlottesville, VA, or Aberdeen MD; but we will consider highly qualified candidates outside these areas who are able to travel as needed.
• Contribute to software development and engineering activities as well as other system integration duties as assigned.
• Must take ownership of complex tasks involving multiple team members to ensure successful completion.
• Should be fluent in Java, with experience in web development with emphasis on data ingestion and persistence layer (data-layer).
• Deep technical familiarity with JBOSS, Accumulo/NoSQL, REST or SOAP, Spring, GWT, and ESB is highly preferred.
• Additional responsibilities include participation in daily scrum calls, customer exchanges, and team meetings.
• Must be an effective communicator.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with minimum 5 years development experience
• U.S. citizenship with an ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Active DoD security clearance
• Java Development experience
• Team lead
• Presentation skills
External referral eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.