The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an Asset and Configuration Management Specialist to support the conference center under the Information Technology Enterprise Management Contract within the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency.
Responsible for product design changes and the effects of the overall system. Duties may include ensuring configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations and preparing deviations and waivers for government approval when specifications cannot be met.
• Ensure mapping configurations are correct and accurate
• Maintain process documentation as Configuration Management processes improve/change
• Aid in program-wide configuration management strategy and execution plan.
• Aid in Plan and execute Enterprise Lifecycle Management.
• Develop and maintain program configuration management plan detailing processes and procedures for managing the program’s diverse configuration items including complex hardware, software, and documentation.
• Owns the program media/asset libraries and CDRL processes
• Raises Export Control issues and concerns and works with SMEs and program leadership to track and resolve
• Proven CM experience working with multiple baselines, multiple classifications, and multiple architectures, complex documents with tables, figures, table of contents, etc.
• Services Software Distribution and duplication requests from asset library
• Supports audit requests, both physical assets and process
• Plans and implements CM data/artifact transitions and migrations
• Works with security SMEs, especially DTA/DTO/ISSO, to resolve classification, labeling, portion marking and delivery tasks
• May support customer or internal meeting planning, artifact management, formatting and delivery
• Establish baseline network document control program/filing/retrieval system and document configuration management processes and procedures.
• Provide artifacts as needed to support Certification and Accreditation for systems and services.
• Instruct and train other team members and management staff regarding document control and configuration management use and processes.
• Maintain and enforce configuration control of the established network.
• Provide recommendations and best-practices to improve existing CM processes and procedures.
• Ensure configuration management program conforms to all required U.S. Government and Department of Defense rules and requirements.
• Solves simple, routine technical problems following established procedures and policies.
• Develops products, solutions, processes using basic principles, theories and concepts within own technical specialty.
• Communicates with peers to explain facts, basic analysis, processes and practices related to area.
• Identifies risks, issues and concerns and offers mitigation plans
• Fluent with MS Office and Windows desktop
• Experience with Data Analytics and CM control systems
• Strong Business Acumen
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience gathering customer requirements
• Process Documentation and document versioning experience
• Responsible for configuration management (CM) of systems
• Identifies configuration items, implements change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits
• Works on teams to create and maintain software, hardware, and documentation configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.)
• Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system
• Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system endof-life
• Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software, licenses, media, and other IT assets
• Ensures that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards
• Tracks all problems and changes in product documents/software and reports changes, controls standard operating procedures and current configurations
• Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures
Skills & Tasks: Complex - develops new concepts and processes. Analyzes root causes and resolves issues. Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians or specialists.
Individual Work / Teamwork or Leadership / Management: Leadership/ Management - Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and may also lead a task, project or team
Guidance: Requires guidance and direction from more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers only when dealing with new, uncertain situations. Provides guidance to lower level technicians and specialists.
Education/Min Years Experience: HS/GED -- 8 years experience, Associates -- 6 years experience, Bachelors -- 4 years experience, Masters -- 2 years experience, PhD -- 0 years experience
Active TS/SCI with Poly clearance is requiredLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.