Paralegal L1 (SEC)
Leidos is looking for a Paralegal at the SEC in Washington, D.C.
The period of Performance for this is through March 7, 2019, with possible annual extensions through September 25, 2020. This position requires experience working within a Federal government setting. Only candidates who have this experience will be considered.
Responsibilities/Duties: The Paralegal will conduct research, analysis and writing related to the Privacy Act, E-government Act, FISMA, and other privacy-related regulations, guidance, and standards. More specifically, the Paralegal will:
· Conduct legal research, analysis and writing related to new and existing Federal privacy laws, statutes, and guidance, including full reference and research services on legal, legislative, and regulatory privacy laws, issues and precedents.
· Review privacy risk assessments for completeness and accuracy. Review repository of compliance documents and communicate with offices as necessary to obtain additional information.
· Support activities related to Federal privacy breach laws, statutes and guidance.
· Communicate with offices as necessary to coordinate the updating of current system notices and creation of new system notices as required.
· Draft, review and track privacy compliance documentation and reports required pursuant to privacy-related laws and guidance.
· Assist in the preparation and conduct of privacy training offerings and surveys.
· Is expected to work independently on tasks without the need for continuous input from SEC staff.
· Requires Paralegal Certificate - An equivalent level of legal training may be substituted for the Paralegal Certificate.
· Requires 2 years of experience working within a Federal Government agency in the required specialty of Federal government privacy-related regulations, guidance, and standards.
· Requires thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS/NEXIS, CLEAR, Westlaw.
· Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office 2010 or newer programs, and Adobe Professional, or newer program, to include redacting and redlining expertise.
· Must have ability to obtain a clearance.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen.
· Must have and use excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
· Experience documenting Table of Authorities, and Table of Contents.
· Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.