Leidos is looking for a data architect on the ESA IV program. The ESA IV program provides Information Technology (IT) solutions to customers within the Department of Justice.
The data architect will work closely with the customer, with program management, and with the developers to understand the various data needs. He or she will then build a plan to implement a unified data model, and lead the team in the transformational tasks required to achieve that plan. Once the plan has been implemented, the data architect will continue to ensure that future activities fit into the data model. Strategic thinking and an ability to deliver solutions with align with business objectives are essential to this role. All candidates should be well-versed in database technologies, data management techniques, and must be able to see the big picture.
• Assess the “as is” state of data management for the customer and on the program
• Interface with customer staff, program management, and technical staff
• Rapidly build a strong understanding of the data currently being stored as well as how data is being utilized by various consumers
• Develop clear, implementable plans which will transform data management across the enterprise to make it streamlined and data-centric
• Serve as project manager to implement these plans
• As new requirements emerge, provide feedback to the team about how best to implement the new requirements within the data model
Typical Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications may be considered in lieu of degree. Must possess database management experience, experience creating data models to streamline business processing, excellent communication skills, and leadership and organizational abilities.
• Experience with US Federal Government customers
• Current DOJ or DOD clearance
• Advanced degree
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.