Testing and Quality Assurance Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The selected individual will be responsible for writing system-level test procedures for testing and evaluating changes made to software applications and for helping correct defects discovered during development test and/or operational use. Job duties include performing integration and system level testing.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Review and edit current automated test scripts and create new automated test scripts.
• Interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
• Implement Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the program’s agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
• Perform regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to customer.
• Verify specific action or function of code and demonstrate successfully to the customer.
• Prepare test report summarizing test results including anomalies, systems errors, and configuration changes.
• Interact with developers and customers to plan and resolve concerns before, during, and after regularly scheduled software demonstrations.
• Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
• Develop test data and define test acceptance criteria.
• Assist the software development team in the implementation of automated regression testing.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• A Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience in software testing and/or development.
• Experience developing and conducting system tests to evaluate compliance with customer requirements.
• Experience documenting test procedures based off of acceptance criteria derived from system requirements.
• Experience documenting test results for corrective actions, reports, and audits.
• Experience in testing systems from existing system and functional specifications.
• Experience with implementing regression testing for software.
• Experience analyzing test data, using configuration management tools, and testing applications.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience working with individuals within the following groups: software development, testing, integration, deployment, and sustainment.
• Skill/experience with Java development.
• Experience in software development or test on an Agile team is highly desirable.
• Experience with automated test creation and execution optional.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience .
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.