Leidos is seeking a Data Scientist Journeyman to support our a customer in Springfield, VA. Active TS/SCI is required for consideration.
The Data Scientist will analyze actual and predictable interacting operational activities of give target sets and client requests to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making through the application of logic and scientific or economic disciplines and techniques. Devises modeling and measuring techniques; utilizes mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques (linear programming, game theory, probability theory, symbolic language, etc.), and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines. Identify and evaluate standardized methods, models and algorithms to address intelligence problems of limited scale as directed. Provide documentation for methods and algorithms use in data science solutions to the client and address outstanding items. Must have demonstrated good oral and written communication skills. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing data research and analysis to solve intelligence problems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 3-10 years of relevant experience.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance required
- Ability to conceive and prepare thorough, well-articulated tactical or strategic data science products
- Ability to identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and/or exploit multiple structured data sets from various sources
- Ability to identify problems to which data science can be applied and initiate appropriate solutions
- Ability to identify and appropriately evaluate a wide range of existing methods, models and algorithms in familiar domains for a variety of mission driven problems while recognizing the capabilities and limitations of each method
- Demonstrated strong writing and oral communication skills.
"External Referral Eligible"
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.