Sr. Programmer Analyst
The Civil Group of Leidos is currently looking for a Senior Programmer Analyst to join our team in Gaithersburg, MD.
The Programmer Analyst will lead and collaborate with a diverse programming workforce within a matrix environment and be able to facilitate and communicate effectively in obtaining and synthesizing requirements, create technical designs, while providing necessary technical leadership to develop solutions that meets mission objectives. Must write organized code and work independently while running a specific concept to ground. Will work with other programmers, business analysts, and designers, to define functional specifications, create and lead the execution of development plans.
Will develop and implement application features as part of an interactive Agile development process. Additionally, the Sr. Programmer must possess strong communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BS degree in Computer Science or related field and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 to 10 years of experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Expert level of knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Creating and using JSON or XML Web Services, proficiency in creating and using Java script and JQuery.
- Developing mobile web-based systems in HTML5 standards, including hand-held devices such as iPhone and Android.
- Coding and maintaining cloud based systems.
- Coding and maintaining Web-based systems and applications for usability and Web accessibility.
- Microsoft Visual Studio toolsets.
- N-tier Web-based systems including presentation, business or application, and data tiers.
- Web-based systems, Applications that are required to support multiple leading browsers and versions.
Should have knowledge and experience with the following:
- Serverless computing and Blockchain.
- AWS or Azure cloud.
- Implementing REST APIs.
- Write and maintain SQL stored procedures and functions.
- Document unit testing results, perform analysis of test results, and prepare comprehensive evaluation reports which verify and validate functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Maintain system and documentation.
- Synthesize user requirements into system design and into coded implementation that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints.
Must possess proficiency in these areas:
- Testing and verifying compliance of Web-based systems and applications to Section 508, OMB, and other federal govt. requirements and/or public facing websites.
- Automated regression testing using scripts.
• Knowledge of Design Thinking methodology and experience in working in a design-first organization.
• Working knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop and Axure Rapid Prototyping software
• Presentation and requirements elicitation skills
• Attention to Detail - is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service – works well with clients and other vendors in achieving mission success and is committed to providing quality products and services.
• Strong Communication Skills – be able to expresses key ideas and obtain tangible feedback from cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
• Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - identifies risks and problems, and be able to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.