Leidos has an opportunity for a GCCS-J/I3 Systems Administrator at Osan Air Base, in Korea. Candidates must possess a current TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered.
Performs as a systems engineer/systems administrator of GCCS-J and I3 suites for AOC systems and is responsible for overall GCCS-J systems maintenance, troubleshooting and support for engineering solutions. An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and interpreting customer needs to transform them into functioning processes in support of systems management. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a calm and professional demeanor when handling demanding situations, and show initiative and resourcefulness with minimal supervision. The candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills; with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely amongst technical and functional teams.
More specifically, the candidate will:
– Provide Tier 1 IT support and trouble call resolution. Resolve trouble calls: in person, over the phone and via email. Maintain operational integrity of GCCS-J and GCCS-J I3 systems for the AOC. Perform setup of user accounts, perform computer re-imaging, and data backup and restoration. Perform installation of software, software patches, and security updates to client systems. Load, configure, and optimize Solaris10/11 operating systems. Review, monitor, and analyze system logs, and diagnose and resolve related technical issues and deficiencies. Manage user network shares, permissions, and quotas, and manage network printers and scanners. Assist in the accumulation, consolidation and documentation of proposed changes to GCCS-J I3 Support site configuration management activities by maintaining and providing GCCS-J I3 software, hardware, and configuration information.
- Perform periodic database backups and database recoveries. Load new databases, reinitialize and reload databases as required. Monitor database performance and database storage allocations and maintain database configuration and parameter tables.
– Plan major server and system upgrades and integration and provide subject matter expertise for server-related issues and identify solutions to complex technical problems and requirements. Support, configure, optimize, and resolve issues related to Solaris 10/11, Sybase, and Web logic servers. Develop, test, support, configure, secure, optimize, and resolve issues related to Server and Client System Loads and Login Scripts. Support, configure, optimize, and resolve issues related to Server Backups. Support, configure, optimize, and resolve issues related to Storage Area Networks (SANs) and Network Attached Storage (NAS). Support, configure, optimize, and resolve issues related to VMware virtual servers and Citrix XenApp and XenServer. Provide integrated solutions using: Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Windows and Office software, server platforms, VMware, Citrix XenApp, and Microsoft Exchange Server, and research and provide solutions to complex technical issues.
– Ensure servers are in compliance with DOD IA requirements and update servers that are not in compliance; report suspicious activities identified through monitoring logs and audit files.Qualifications:
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 6 years’ experience with GCCS-J/I3 Systems Administration, Unix/Solaris 10/11, and MS Windows
- Top Secret/SCI Clearance required on day one
- DoD 8570.01-M IA Level II certification
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills, and be customer service oriented
- Demonstrate an ability to methodically and proactively analyze problems and identify solutions
*External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.