Web Developer (PHP)
The Civil Health Operation is seeking a Web Developer to work in Bethesda, MD.
As a member of our team, the individual will develop and maintain numerous Intranet and Internet websites and web applications using open source technologies. Candidates will need to be able to code in PHP, ColdFusion, HTML5, CSS3, and MySQL.
Responsibilities will include:
• Developing appropriate architecture and code for custom applications based on client needs
• Creating new sites, features and enhancements according to client specifications
• Consulting with clients and other developers to define the right solution
• Interacting directly with clients to outline requirements and provide frequent updates
Excellent communications skills are a must, as the candidate will interface with academic researchers, senior staff, government customers, and contractor support personnel on a daily basis. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be accustomed to working in a dynamic high-tech environment. This position presents ample opportunity for professional development and growth for the right candidate.
• BS/ BA in IT related field with 3+ years of working experience
• Demonstrated proficiency and working experience in PHP, HTML5, CSS3 and MySQL
• Strong communication skills
• Passion for open source
• Ability to multi-task
• Fast learner and proactive
Additional Desired Skills:
• Working experience in building websites that are Section 508 compliant
• XML / WSDL for system to system
• Adobe ColdFusion
• Experience in mobile development
• SharePoint Development
• MS SQL
• Drupal development
• Experience integrating 3rd party APIs into PHP
• MySQL administration
US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.