(Part Time) Substitute French Language Instructor
The Leidos Intelligence and Defense Group is seeking qualified French Language Instructor for a Part Time Substitute opening in Stuttgart Germany
• Perform as a substitute instructor to fill in as needed to assist GOVT in the management of all aspects of the unit foreign LREC training that enhances the effectiveness of the Special Forces advanced LREC training program
• Execute planned POI and ad hoc tutoring sessions. Teach language curriculum based on designated POI and do not deviate from POI without approval from GOVT
• Develop daily lesson plans (at minimum 1 day in advance of delivery), takes attendance, make daily annotations of student’s learning and behavior progress or lack of, develop weekly progress reports
• Develops, review, correct, and grade daily homework, discuss and provide weekly feedback with Site Lead and POI analyst for weekly assessments/quizzes
• Review, distribute and grade weekly assessments/quizzes
• Maintain a positive and professional learning environment, address student behavior/attendance concerns with site lead, and utilize designated materials mentioned in POI and other products approved by GOVT to support instruction
-At least 2 years of recent (completed within the last 18 months) experience teaching foreign language at the secondary level or higher (a minimum of 200 classroom hours) and a bachelor’s degree in teaching, education, language, or a closely related field to be approved by Government or at least 6 years of recent (completed within the last 18 months), related experience teaching at the secondary level or higher (a minimum of 600 classroom hours) and a bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) or 2-skill OPI from the DLIFLC.
- An interview certified by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL).
- Defense Language Proficiency Test.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.