Data Integration Engineer
The Civil Solutions Group is currently seeking a Data Integration Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Leeds, UK through the end of the year.
Design and Implement Data ingestion framework and pipelines into a Hadoop Data Lake for a UK Government strategic project.
· Design, develop, and test data extract, transform, and Load (ETL) for a Hadoop data lake hosted in AWS
· Communicate solution design options and recommendations
· Support creation of Project Plan, identification of Risks, and generation of Risk Mitigation Plans
· Hands on experience in developing application using Apache Spark or MapReduce on Hadoop-based big data platform.
· Experience analyzing data with Hive and Pig
· In-depth knowledge of Java, SQL, and XML
· Experience developing applications on Linux platforms
· Experience with back end database architectures, relational and full lifecycle software development
· Experience with ETL tools
· Experience with development in cloud hosted environment such as AWS or equivalent
· Experience with System Development Lifecycle processes & documentation
· Experience estimating task effort and identifying dependencies
· Excellent communication skills
· BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
· Experience in software development in object-oriented and scripted languages (e.g. Java Script, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby).
· Experience implementing ETL in AWS
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.