Data Governance Architect
The Civil Health Solutions Group is currently seeking a Data Governance Architect to support a large healthcare contract in Leeds, UK through the end of the year.
Design and Implement Data Architecture and Governance solution for Big Data platform implementation for strategic UK government project
Govern the formal orchestration of people, processes and technology to enable the customer to leverage its critical data as an asset. Establishing and enforcing proper data governance and quality structure and controls ensure data driving critical functions such as, financial reporting, risk modeling and basic operational activities, is complete and accurate. Responsible for maintaining a customer enterprise data dictionary, ensuring data quality standards are met and working with business partners to enforce data governance policies and procedures. The position will use previous experience to build a best-in-class data governance and quality program.
· Design and manage a process workflow to identify, classify and define critical data that will mitigate risk and maximize productivity.
· Implement and manage tools and processes that will control the initial definition and future changes of data definitions. Engage users across the organization; holding them accountable for outputs of the tools and processes.
· Measure progress against data definition and quality performance targets, following up with business representatives as necessary.
· Maintain data governance processes and controls by working with project and business leaders to analyze the impact of future changes on critical data and mitigate any potential risks to data quality.
· Support creation of project plan, identification of risks, and generation of risk
Communicate solution design options and recommendations
· Experience in designing and implementing big data solutions based on Hadoop and AWS technology
· Experience in Data Management system architecture, including data storage, data integration, data security, meta-data management, data reporting & analytics
· Hands On experience using tools for data governance
· 3-5 years of experience working with data management, data analytics or data governance.
· Strong experience and understanding of data governance and data quality and how they affect business decisions.
· Ability to design and recommend governance structures and control frameworks for the ongoing management of data.
· Ability to perform root cause analysis and make recommendations for the remediation of data governance and quality issues.
· Personal initiative to find opportunities, lead change, improve processes and solve problems.
· Strong Experience with SQL, Apache Hadoop (Hive, Spark, Hadoop based SQL engines), Java, Redhat Linux, and AWS implementations and architectures
· Experience with System Development Lifecycle processes & documentation
· Experience estimating task effort and identifying dependencies
· Bachelor’s Degree with 12 years relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 10 years of relevant experience
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
· Exposure in design and maintenance of multiple databases and large data platform experience.
· Experience is setup of Master Data Management solutions
· Familiarity with current software engineering, distributed computing, javacloud based solutions, and scalable systems is a desired but not mandatory skill requirement.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.