Leidos Veterans Health is seeking a Tableau Database Architect for the Veteran Business Administration (VBA) Business unit. This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance which requires US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card).
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: The Tableau Database Architect will design, document, and guide the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing the needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and developing technical, structural, and organizational specifications.
Basic Qualifications: The ideal candidate must have experience with the following
- Creating standards and/or performing modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance.
- Clearly identifying goals for data management and overarching strategies for design.
- Translating user needs to database design.
- Creating database management processes and detailed documentation.
- Creating and maintaining database structures, complex queries, stored procedures, functions, and user security in a multi-server environment.
- Using SSRS, SSIS, and applying general ETL principles and practices.
- Tableau server administration to include user security, data source management, and integration with external systems.
- Creating Tableau reports using Tableau Desktop.
Desired Qualifications: The ideal candidate should have experience with the following
- Data warehousing and data analytics.
- Implementing and maintaining Tableau data source best practices.
- Tableau Server Administrator certification
The ideal candidate will also represent the team in a professional manner, and maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external customers. Commitment to promoting innovative solutions, maintaining quality throughout the process, and exceeding customer expectations is vital. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline is required with a minimum of 6 years of professional experience in SQL Server database development. 15 years of professional experience may be substituted for education.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. EFFECTIVE DATE: 01/02/2016
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.