The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Technologist Intern to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping multiple different programs complete their missions. In this facility we research, design, test, and implement small networks, new computing hardware, and software.
- Assist system administrators complete daily basic tasks such as health monitoring and performing backups
- Perform maintenance on hardware to include periodic maintenance inspections, upgrading hardware, and replacing broken hardware
- Perform operational checks on new hardware being received from a vendor or used hardware that will be entering the warehouse
- Create or update documentation on processes and procedures
- Create and update work orders for scheduled and scheduled maintenance
- Currently in the process of obtaining a computer related degree preferably in Information Technologies
- Understand basic computer hardware i.e. RAM, CPU, video cards, PCI slots, BIOS, etc
- Knowledge of Enterprise IT technologies i.e. VMware, Cisco, and/or Microsoft
- Ability to identify issues and research fixes
- Strong communication and writing skills to convey technical ideas
- Desire to grow and learn new IT technologies
- Must be a US Citizen, Must be able to acquire a Secret clearance
Preferred Qualifications: Security+
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.