Software Configuration Specialist/Sr.(NCI)
The Enterprise IT (EIT) Directorate oversees the strategic vision and implementation plan for IT systems and solutions for the enterprise at Leidos Biomedical Research, the operational information and data systems support to Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
Leidos Biomed Research is looking for an experienced Software Configuration Specialist/Software Configuration Specialist, Sr. to join our Project Management Office within the Enterprise IT team (EIT) at the Frederick National Lab for Cancer Research (FNLCR). You will perform comprehensive configuration management for hardware and software on systems that support the FNLCR mission; FNLCR is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center dedicated to Cancer and Infectious disease research.
As Software Configuration Specialist /Software Configuration Specialist, Sr., you will be responsible for the Configuration Management Plan, developing an appropriate configuration management strategy, identifying and communicating major changes, developing specific transition and communication strategies, configuring and administering tools designed to support configuration management, as well as coordinating change review board meetings.
This is a key position for the FNLCR Enterprise IT directorate to improve the efficiency of our IT service management and our information security posture.
- Develops and maintains an appropriate configuration management strategy and corresponding roadmap
- Implements, configures and maintains all CMDB (Configuration Management Database) processes, work instructions and activities in compliance with the information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) V3 framework.c
- Develop documentation defining the data dictionaries, CI types, and relations of the CMDB as they impact other processes within the organization
- Develop and maintain relationship maps in the ServiceNow system and ensures that mappings line up with other processes that have been pre-established
- Enacts CMDB system audit practices and conduct audits to ensure data integrity
- Reconciles the CMDB data when exceptions are noted between CMDB, discovery information, and other authoritative production data repositories
- Supports design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data
- Develops reports for management on KPIs to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy
- Establishes and maintains configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized by staff and other participating stakeholders to ensure a standard and cost-effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
This is a dual level requisition. It may be filled at either a Configuration Specialist or Sr. Configuration Specialist level.
For the Software Configuration Specialist position:
- Possession of a Bachelor degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education.) plus 6 years of experience
For the Software Configuration Specialist, Sr. position:
- Possession of a Bachelor degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education.) plus 9 years of experience
Both Levels will require:
- Experience in configuration management including the design, implementation and maintenance of an enterprise CMDB
- Experience in hardware and software asset and configuration management as well as knowledge of IT service management processes
- Familiar with ITIL Foundation principles and have applied knowledge of real-world environments in both the Service Management focus area and have experience implementing a CMDB in a customer environment
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, have excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills. Candidates should have proven understanding of IT business needs and knowledge of IT industry standard best practices
- Certification in ITIL v3 Intermediate or Expert Level
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience using the ServiceNow platform for ITIL based IT service management, workflows and configuration management database (CMDB)
- Experience supporting Federal information systems and NIST security framework (RMF)
- Certification in ITIL v3 Intermediate or Expert Level
- Configuration Management planning & maintenance
- Discovery tool market options and methods of integration
- ITIL Service Management
- Communication Skills
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.