Program Information Specialist - Technical Writer
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader built on a legacy of daring innovation and outstanding accomplishment. Leidos’ 33,000 employees support vital missions with our government and commercial customers and, together, solve some of the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and healthcare markets. Leidos employees transform problems into opportunities for their customers to meet their goals and advance their endeavors.
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as an information manager on a major acquisition program. The Program Information Manager is accountable for management, storage, and retrieval of the program documents and responsible for employing available document management systems and records management for the program. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated document management expertise developed during engagement on large projects with commercial, Federal, and/or defense agencies. This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque NM.
The Program Information Manager will manage document activities contributing to the successful execution of a long term multi-billion dollar nuclear deterrence program and be responsible for maintaining and directing a document management protocol for the program. In addition, the Program Information Manager will support the Program Management Office with technical editing, meeting agendas and minutes, and briefing preparation.
• Researching documentation files and interviewing long term program participants to capture and catalog historical program documentation.
• Establishing the document control process and directing the project team in its implementation.
• Maintaining a document repository under configuration control.
• Attending program reviews, conferences, workshops, and other program task related meetings; recording and transcribing meeting minutes and action items and publishing them to the appropriate audience.
• Establishing standards for program documentation and directing the project team in their use.
• Technical editing, briefing preparation, and quality control for technical and process documents.
• Writing, editing, and maintaining program management office operating procedures.
• Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of 4-8 years of related experience with document management and technical editing.
• Research skills and experience.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and SharePoint)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing correspondence, briefings and program plans for senior and executive managers
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Related experience in a government, DOE, or military office.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.