Cloud Migration Program Manager
Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a technically focused Program Manager proficient in Cloud programs and migrations to join a team responsible for transforming the application footprint of the Air Force from legacy data centers to commercial cloud environments in AWS and Azure.
Leidos has supported the GCSS-AF team for more than a decade, and the contract is at the forefront of leading the charge in to the CCE (Common Computing Environment), utilizing multiple migration partners and multiple commercial clouds.
The position will be the Cloud Migration Program Manager responsible for managing multiple concurrent efforts on the GCSS-AF contract that the customer is using to achieve success in the cloud, to include acting as a systems integrator for multiple migration partners, leading the migration of apps by a Leidos team, and integrating with architecture and environment stand-up teams.
The position will be responsible for collaborating closely with internal Leidos teams on the contract to develop the best approaches for deploying and maintaining applications in a cost-effective, repeatable, secure, scalable, and maintainable way.
- Manage technical effort of Leidos migration team on enhancing existing clouds and migrating applications in to those clouds
- Manage technical effort of Leidos migration team on re-factoring legacy applications to utilize Cloud-native services
- Manage pass-through scope of non-Leidos migration partners on enhancing existing clouds and re-factoring legacy applications and migrating them to the cloud
- Provide guidance and expertise on migrations and cloud technologies to customers (both customer mission application program offices and lead customer program offices
- Be devoted to knowing the latest trends and advancements in the Cloud space
- Manage technical effort using Agile and DevOps processes and technologies.
- Manage all programmatic (scope, schedule, financial, contractual, subcontract) activities under specific cloud task area
- Proven development and control of project budgets
- Identifying, quantifying, and managing program risks
- Developing ROMs and proposal responses
- Overseeing Leidos and subcontractor employees, manages personnel performance, workloads and scheduling of personnel; adjusts staffing plans based on workload changes; re-allocates and re-prioritizes employees to optimize skills and provide surge support; and posts requisitions, interviews and hires personnel as needed.
- Developing program deliverables, and briefing government and Leidos management on project status
Education and Experience:
Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Must have US citizenship and a DoD Secret security clearance (SSBI preferred)
Previous experience migrating application teams from data center to data center and from data center to cloud.
Familiarity with both traditional and emerging system architectures (e.g., three tier, web services, micro-services).
Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications and system development lifecycles within a substantial IT environment.
Experience leading teams utilizing:
Team collaboration tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, RocketChat)
Build & CI automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
Containerization (e.g. Docker)
Experience with Cloud Technologies including AWS, Azure, and hybrid Cloud architectures
Experience managing the migration of applications to the cloud.
External Referral Eligible.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.