Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Administrator at Hill AFB, UT.
Leidos is seeking a candidate to fill a Network Administrator position supporting DISA's GSM-O contract at Hill AFB, UT. The Network Administrator is responsible for overall network engineering support for the OSS including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the network. Duties may include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments. Support level duties may include monitoring, installation, modification, testing and servicing of network equipment.
• Evaluating system network requirements and making appropriate technical recommendations.
• Use network monitoring tools to identify problems or help customers requiring assistance with network hardware, software, or inquiries.
• Provide problem determination/resolution based upon personal experience, expert opinion and standard operating procedures, including immediate resolution where possible.
• Works with other network technologists that are involved in network monitoring and maintenance, configuration management, and customer support.
• Document and propose solutions for network problems and work with appropriate personnel to achieve resolution.
• Participate in resolution of service-related issues.
• Interface with users and support organizations to ensure smooth flow of communications in all directions.
• Designs and plans network communications systems.
• Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
• Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
• Conducts testing of network design.
• Creates, maintains, and implements detailed documentation and maintains standard operating procedures.
• Develop training plans and lead team members to completion of training.
External Referral Eligible
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Extensive network integration experience for a variety of network protocol standards.
• Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
• Experience working with Cisco and Juniper hardware.
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce or higher
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
• Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy.
• Experience with working in a mixed OS environment to include Windows and Unix variants (e.g. Red Hat or Solaris).
• Experience managing Palo Alto firewalls.
• ITIL certification.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.