The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has a current job opening for Test Engineer in Fairmont, WV supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract. This five year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the Department Of Defense Automated Biometric Identification System (DoD ABIS) Sustainment Services And Service Life Extension program.
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
Leidos has a current job opening for Test Engineer in Fairmont, WV supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract. This five year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment. Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. Responsible for testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area.
•Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
• Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
• Designs, implements, and conducts test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
• Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products. Also writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing. Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
• Serves as subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
• Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, software engineering, information systems, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline with 2-4 years of Position Relevant experience within the software development lifecycle. Bachelor's Degree requirement may be substituted with an additional six (6) years’ experience for a total of 8-12 years of relevant IT experience.
• Master’s Degree in relevant technical discipline may be substituted for four years’ of relevant experience
• Demonstrated experience with testing and IV&V of similar programs that include development and sustainment, or agile development methodology (Scrum).
• S/W Language understanding –desired: Java, Oracle, Linux (RHEL and/or CentOS).
• Ability to obtain a secret clearance.
•Prior DoD ABIS, IAFIS/NGI, Enterprise Biometric Systems, Web Application Development, DOORS is a definite plus.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.