Functional Engineering Manager
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Functional Engineering Manager. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a quick learner and able to work independently while collaborating with other team members and customers in a complex environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Provide program functional management support
· Active participation of staffing current program openings (both Leidos positions and subcontractor positions)
· Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
· On-boarding new program team members
· Employee career development and guidance
· Training program oversight
· Executing the performance assessment, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions for the team members under purview
· Updating program tools related to personnel staffing and functional needs
· Prepare implementation plans, including actions, milestones, timelines, and critical paths
External Referral Eligible
· BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
· Mature conflict resolution and relationship management skills
· Ability to make decisions and escalate when needed Strong briefing skills
· Prior leadership experience
· Complex problem solving skills
· Strict adherence to Leidos ethical standards
· Must be able to obtain an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
· Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.