Leidos has an immediate opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer Manager in San Antonio, TX. This position is in support of the Air Force Personnel Operation Activity contract.
The selected Sr. Systems Engineer Manager on the AFPOA program, will be working hand-in-hand with the Chief Architect (CA), and the Program Management Leadership team to help design, engineer and migrate AFPOA system into AWS. This position involves managing systems engineering and coordination with other activities that support building and delivering new and innovative systems using cloud technologies. This position will require experience across multiple System Engineering domains with a focus on analytics, understanding as the architecture evolves.
• The Sr. Systems Engineer Manager collaborates with AWS for use of AWS native services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage (S3) and Amazon Simple DB/RDS data bases, AWS Identity and Access Management IAM, Etc.
• Sr. System Engineering Manager works with Architect team to deliver DevOps processes and automation and O&S capability.
• Manages and work to support the design of the new capabilities and enhancements (Cloud Migration, design and development).
• Performs and provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of complex software/COTS solutions to include requirements/story board elicitation, supporting program reviews, developing concept of operations and interface standards, supporting the development of system architectures, and performing technical and non-technical assessments and management.
• Provide assessments and lead package completion, oversee the readiness of deliveries to AFPOA and the management team.
• Be a strong contributor to the team, participating in daily meetings, and being proactive to work tasks and resolve obstacles.
• Provide inputs on the adequacy of security designs and architectures.
• Monitors security posture of environments in accordance with IA processes and procedures.
• Coordinates with systems administrators, System Engineers and other IT personnel to ensure environment operates securely all times.
This individual will manage a small team of experienced professionals.
Education and Experience:
Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Must have active Secret Clearance to qualify.
Must have Security + or CISSP
External Referral Eligible.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.