The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a System Engineer to work at our San Antonio, Texas location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The selected individual will provide System Engineering support throughout various phases of design and development to include live operations of a large, complex system. He/she will develop and implement strategies to maintain and improve internal functionality, enhance performance with external systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities. He/she will analyze networks and systems and will develop and implement best practice methodologies where possible. He/she will also be involved with vulnerability remediation.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
The selected individual will be responsible for providing operational network and information assurance support to software developers, system integrators, and system and network administrators on the overall flow of data through the system. He/she will work with other system engineers in identifying issues and implementing techniques for quick and efficient resolution. He/she will develop and update data flow diagrams and documentation used in the deployment and management of the system. He/she will initiate and/or support the development of system configuration documentation, including detailed designs for risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering or a related field plus 6 years of related experience.
• At least 5 years of experience troubleshooting IT systems/networks, and developing system analysis, risk analysis, and/or vulnerability assessments
• Recent experience monitoring complex networks that handle large amounts of data and identifying and developing countermeasures for communication system networks
• Experience providing technical leadership and direction in support of sound information assurance concepts and techniques
• Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
• Must be able to work 0600-1400 or 1400-2200 shifts.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Master’s Degree in System Engineering, Information Assurance, or a related field
• Familiarity with complex network systems, to include firewalls, NIDS, NAT, PAT on multiple hardware architectures
• Recent hands on experience with ArcSight Security Analysis
• Familiarity with CMMI ML3 best practices and Agile methodologies
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.