Leidos has an opening for a Senior Network Engineer located at Fort Benning, Georgia. Candidates must be highly motivated self-starters with the ability for independent action initiative within established guidelines with excellent communication skills. Candidate MUST possess a current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility or have current SCI access, current Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification and Comptia Security + equivalent (Sec + or CCNA Sec) in order to be considered. The individual will provide the 75th Ranger Regiment Network support in the areas of Enterprise Network Engineering, Hardware Support and configuration Management.
Selectee will provide all facets of Network engineering expertise to support current and future requirements within requisite Enterprise and Tactical Networks. Plan for, design, develop, test, integrate, and monitor and analyze networks and services across all networks represented within the Regiment’s organization, currently JWICS, SIPRnet, NIPRnet, commercial Internet, and, optionally, Combined Operations Wide Area Network (COWAN) and Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS). Provide Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4 engineering support for all Networks, including OSI Layer 3 hardware and process management, architecture, design, configuration. In addition, support IA operations, VTC support, security management and protection, QA, and transition management activities governing Tactical communications systems development and support. Hardware Support: Provide hardware support to the Regiment’s organization, including managing existing and future hardware resources.
OCONUS Network/Hardware Support: Potential to provide hardware and network engineering for all OCONUS activities, whether permanent or temporary. Perform requisite functions during short-notice and rapid-insertion scenarios, providing seamless and continuous support to deployed personnel. Stand-alone Test Network: Manage and maintain a stand-alone test network that mirrors the operational production environment and use the test network to simulate and test all integration efforts before introduction into the production environment.
Provide support to Tactical Communications systems found in the 75thRR Intermediate Support Base (ISB). These systems include Special Operations Deployable Nodes (SDN) Light, Medium and Heavy, HARRIS AN/PRC-117G Multi-channel radios, High Performance Waveform (HPW), ANW2C, KG-250X cryptographic equipment and experience with Radio over IP (ROIP) CISCO Routers and switches.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• Nexus 5K
• Cisco ASA Firewalls
• Security+ certification – Must be current.
• Bachelor's degree, and 8+ years of network experience. Fifteen years of relevant network experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility or have current SCI access
• CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
• Demonstrated Network administration experience including: configuring L2/L3 devices, TFTP, FTP, CISCO IOS and comprehensive troubleshooting skills
• Solid foundation in Network Compliance Management and Configuration Management
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 (v3) certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
• ITIL v3 Intermediate Qualification for Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
• Prior service in support of US Army Special Operations Command (USASOC) and as a US Army Signal Warrant Officer in the career field 255A.
• Domain Knowledge/Expertise. Experience with Cisco Unified Computing System environment. Basic Electronics training and experience with Antenna theory and Radio wave propagation
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.