Sr. Network Engineer
The Sr. Network Engineer position is in direct support of enterprise Operations and Maintenance (O&M team responsible for a very large and complex network infrastructure. The position requires a wide and deep level of up-to-date knowledge in network engineering, with the ability to complete very difficult and complex assignments.
The successful candidate will be expected to help bridge the gap between Engineering and O&M, transitioning Tier 2 support for new systems from Engineering to O&M. The successful candidate will be expected to develop, refine and document repeatable processes as well as formulate a plan for bringing a large scale network into security compliance. The position also involves working with other Network Engineers to design, install, configure, and support an organization’s complex wide area network (WAN) and maintain network hardware and software. The position includes monitoring the network at a service assurance level to ensure network availability to all system users and performing necessary maintenance to support network availability
Typical responsibilities include:
• Maintain the network hardware and software and monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users;
• Perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability
• Perform installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution for mainly Linux based operating systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field;
•12+ years of overall experience
• 8+ years of Network Engineering experience with increasingly complex responsibilities during the time period;
• 1+ year of Juniper experience;
• 2+ years of experience establishing and troubleshooting VPNs;
• Knowledge and experience with policy-based routing;
• 2+ years of VMWare experience; demonstrated experience working with IPv4 networks;
• 2+ years of experience coding in scripting languages (Bash, Python, and/or PowerShell);
• Thorough working knowledge of Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) concepts;
• At least 8 years of experience in a distributed network environment;
• Experience with networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, OSPF, QoS, VPN, IPSLA, Trunking, Spanning tree, Layer 3 switching, etc.;
• Strong understanding of virtual routing technologies;
• Knowledge and interest in cutting edge network technologies;
• Demonstrated experience with the operation of Cisco network switches, routers, IOS commands, Juniper firewalls, etc.
• Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification;
• Ability to understand, recommend, design, and implement LAN/WAN functionality such as switches, routers, virtual routers, gateways, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers, etc.
• Experience with Cisco Nexus 5000/2000 series hardware;
• Experience with Juniper SRX series hardware;
• Experience with IPS/IDS systems to include network impacts;
• Ability to lead technical teams to success;
• JNCIA or JNCIP certification is desired.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.