Operations Manager/Flight Standards and Compliance Manager
Leidos currently has an opening for a Operations Manager/Flight Standards and Compliance Manager supporting an OCONUS-based manned ISR program.
Leidos is the Lead Systems Integrator for manned aircraft providing imagery and multi-source data for both real-time and post mission analysis. The Site Lead/Operations Manager is responsible for leading ISR flight and ground operations OCONUS to maximize mission results, ensure safety of personnel and equipment, and maintain accountability to U.S. government personnel. The Site Lead/Operations Manager reports directly to the Program Manager and maintains direct liaison with Government, Military, and other Contractor representatives.
Specific responsibilities include; managing operational systems and aircraft; establishing and enforcing flight standards and regulatory compliance; ensuring safety of flight, maintenance, and ground operations; providing reports and updates to CONUS staff; maintaining operational oversight of staff and equipment; monitoring and tracking flight status; assessing risk and obtaining flight authorization; developing and editing procedures; auditing site for compliance with Government metrics; and other duties as required to ensure responsiveness of the program.
This is a deployed management position and pay is commensurate. Flight hours are authorized to maintain credibility and expertise within the program. Hours may be increased or decreased as needed - while flying is NOT the primary duty, it is required and DHC-8 type will be provided, if required. This position is ideal for a mature leader (former military or government contractor) who desires extended time off (when not deployed) who is willing to deploy for up to 90 days (consideration will be given to returning seasoned military/contractor pilots to flight status who have not flown recently).
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
• Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline with 8-12+ years of relevant military flight operations and/or aerial ISR experience.
• Experience as a rated military pilot (or contractor equivalent); Minimum of 1200 hours experience as PIC in multi-engine aircraft (must possess Commercial or Air Transport Pilot Certificate).
• Proven contractor and/or military leadership experience – preference will be given for experience managing/leading operations in support of DOD or Other Government Agencies.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Be willing to deploy for rotations of at least 90 days with 90 days off during non-rotation periods (live anywhere).
• Be able to obtain a passport to travel internationally.
• Be willing to travel for long periods of time, work long hours and/or non-regular hours with minimal notice.
• Possess a minimum active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
• Be willing to fly in the aircraft for extended times and work in Hardship and Hazardous locations
• Have or be able to obtain a FAA Class II medical certificate or military equivalent.
• Be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires a deployment physical, immunizations and training.
• Former Military Instructor Pilot or Civilian Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.